Religious and Cultural Issues
We maintain that all Christians should be involved in the political and cultural aspect of our society, but believe that lasting change is brought about much more effectively by changing hearts than through legislation. For example, Prohibition in America, while well-intended, did little or nothing to reduce the consumption of alcohol. By contrast in England, under the preaching of George Whitefield and others, bars closed due to lack of customers. Thus, on the issue of abortion, for example, we should fight for legislation to protect the unborn children and our religious freedoms, but we must not neglect spreading the Gospel to perspective parents, which will be much more effective in the long run.
This page contains articles we have written concerning topics which impact us as Christians. We also address many other religious and cultural issues in Real Issues blog.
- Religious Articles - Issues generally internal to the Church and of interest for Christians only; Topics of debate and discussion among Christians etc
- Cultural Articles - Issues generally of interest to all; Subjects of debate between Christians and non-believers or between Conservatives and Liberals etc
- Are Checklists Extreme?
- Boston Celtics - 2008 NBA Champs
- Discernment on Black Friday - A Trip to the Christian Store
- Happy Independence Day 2009 - A Call to Repentance
- Pulpit Freedom - Should Churches be Involved With Politics?
- Scripture Illustrations and Urban Legends
- Should the Church & Christians Repent of Religion?
- Sports and the Christian
- Why Christians Must Be Politically Active
[TOC] [Top of Page]
- Bring Back the Ditch - The US Economy
- Christians and Culture - Part 463
- Economics, Evolution and the Great Depression
- Female Firebrands - Fools for Christ - Michele Bachmann
- Happy Independence Day 2008
- Have We Lost the Notion of Sin?
- National Day of Prayer 2009 - Obama vs Lincoln
- National Day of Prayer 2010 - A Violation of the Constitution?
- Once Upon a Time when America had Christmas by Rabbi Aryeh Spero
- Our Fascination with Celebrities
- What hath Tim Tebow Wrought? - "A Celebration of Life at the Super Bowl"
- Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?
[TOC] [Top of Page]