Addiction Treatment Counseling and Recovery Resources and Information
Due to the number of links sent in by our valuable readers to our Ministries and Resources section, we've split this category onto this separate page. Please contact us if you work with, or know of a ministry, charity or non-profit organization that you would like added to this section. Please see our Resource Link Submittal and Posting Guidelines for instructions on submitting your link / site info. Due to the number of submittals that we typically receive each month, those who ignore our guidelines will not be reviewed.
Readers, please see bottom of page for Notes and Precautions regarding viewing listings.
Biblical and Faith Based
Resources and Information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Research on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- PreventionCoalition - An informational site designed to educate parents, teachers and concerned community members about teen drug use and ways to prevent it
- Opioid Basics - Understanding the Epidemic - CDC
- Parents: Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child About Alcohol - NIAAA - NIH
- SAMSHA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Association - National Helpline, Treatment Referral, Publications etc for a variety of disorders, including Suicide Prevention
- Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction - National Institute on Drug Abuse
- What are symptoms of an alcohol use disorder? - NIAAA - NIH
- Addictions in College: What They Are & How to Avoid Them - Psychology Writing
Important Note: The following resources may contain articles written to directly or indirectly promote certain products or services. Some may also contain affiliate links (ads, product reviews, service finders etc) to businesses, for which the listing site receives compensation for referrals. We therefore urge our readers to do independent research, use discernment, and take the typical precautions before entering any personal information or doing business with any unfamiliar organization.
- The Ultimate Guide to Overcoming Internet Porn Addiction: This guide aims to build awareness of Internet Porn addiction whilst giving people tangible strategies for defeating Internet porn addiction
- Meth Addiction: Dangers and Side Effects - Many other Useful Guides
Notes for our Readers:
A listing should not be considered an endorsement of the organization or its products and/or services. We are not affiliated with, nor do we receive compensation of any kind (financial or otherwise), from any of these organizations or listings. Links are posted solely for containing useful information that may be of interest to our readers. We welcome comments and feedback (both positive and negative) from our readers on any of the organizations listed on this page. Any organization receiving legitimate complaints will be removed.
Also note that many sites may use independent contributors whose qualifications / credentials are self-proclaimed and have not been verified by the host site. Most “expert advice” should be taken as “general information only” rather than as a substitute for advice from known professionals.
Regarding addiction treatment, counseling and similar services, many secular organizations are now increasingly offering “faith-based” options in various programs. Many of these organizations promote faith in a generic “higher power” or “god of your own choosing” (whether of not this “god” actually exists), so if you are a Christian, you may be dealing with an organization that is primarily humanistic and/or counselors with a completely different worldview (may also vary by local centers and individual counselors). Other centers may downplay or even deny the moral aspect of addictions altogether, limiting themselves to addressing the physical aspects of addictions only. We therefore recommend that believers do some research and ask a lot of questions. These secular organizations still may provide some helpful programs along with support of fellow members, promotion of a positive attitude etc. We are aware that many people have been helped by some of these organizations. However, only Biblical and Christ-centered programs based on faith in the one true living God can offer the life-changing power of the Holy Spirit.
[Top of Page]