Security and Protection CyberSecurity, Consumer Protection, Fraud, Scams etc
Due to the number of links sent in by our valuable readers to our Ministries and Resources section, we've split this category onto this separate page. Please contact us if you work with, or know of a ministry, charity or non-profit organization that you would like added to this section. Please see our Resource Link Submittal and Posting Guidelines for instructions on submitting your link / site info. Due to the number of submittals that we typically receive each month, those who ignore our guidelines will not be reviewed.
Readers, please see bottom of page for Notes and Precautions regarding viewing listings.
Resources and Information
- CyberTipline - National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - Plus Additional Reports and Information
- Federal Trade Commission - Consumer Protection against a wide variety of Unfair and Deceptive Practices in the Marketplace
- On Guard Online - Free Online Security Tips, Guides, Videos, Publications and other Resources
- Enough is Enough - Protecting Children and Families Online
- Cyber-Safety for Children and Youth - Information, Tips and more from District Attorney of Texas
- Phone and Email Scams - FTC - Limiting Unwanted Calls and Emails
- Identity Theft - Tips and Resources for Prevention and Recovery
- Consumer Information - Consumer Protects, Scams and Frauds, Housing, Insurance, Banking, Investments etc
- Protecting Kids Online - Wide variety of info on Parental Rights and Online Safety from the FTC
- Stop. Think. Connect. Campaign - National public awareness campaign from Homeland Security to increase public understanding of cyber threats and make the internet a more secure experience.
- Scam Alerts - Links to the most recent Scam Alerts from the FTC
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - Information on COPPA for Parents
Important Note: The following resources may contain articles written to directly or indirectly promote certain products or services. Some may also contain affiliate links (ads, product reviews, service finders etc) to businesses, for which the listing site receives compensation for referrals. We therefore urge our readers to do independent research, use discernment, and take the typical precautions before entering any personal information or doing business with any unfamiliar organization.
- Introduction to Cyber Security and Data Protection - University of York
- Internet Privacy in the Age of Surveillance - Privacy Hub
- How to Stop Online Tracking of your Child
Notes for our Readers:
A listing should not be considered an endorsement of the organization or its products and/or services. We are not affiliated with, nor do we receive compensation of any kind (financial or otherwise), from any of these organizations or listings. Links are posted solely for containing useful information that may be of interest to our readers. We welcome comments and feedback (both positive and negative) from our readers on any of the organizations listed on this page. Any organization receiving legitimate complaints will be removed.
Also note that many sites may use independent contributors whose qualifications / credentials are self-proclaimed and have not been verified by the host site. Most “expert advice” should be taken as “general information only” rather than as a substitute for advice from known professionals.
[Top of Page]