Resources for Seniors Resources and Information
Due to the number of links sent in by our valuable readers to our Ministries and Resources section, we've split this category onto this separate page. Please contact us if you work with, or know of a ministry, charity or non-profit organization that you would like added to this section. Please see our Resource Link Submittal and Posting Guidelines for instructions on submitting your link / site info. Due to the number of submittals that we typically receive each month, those who ignore our guidelines will not be reviewed.
Readers, please see bottom of page for Notes and Precautions regarding viewing listings.
Resources and Information
- Active Lifestyles Among Older Adults - Benefits of Regular Physical Activity (pdf)
- Medicare.gov - Official US Government Site for Medicare
- Senior Medicare Patrol - Information on detecting, preventing and reporting Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse
- Protecting Older Consumers - 2017-2018 Report from the FTC (pdf)
- National Center on Elder Abuse: - Research, Training, News and Resources on Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of the Elderly
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. - Part of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Aging - US Dept of Health & Human Services - Info and Resources on Caregivers, Social Security Benefits, Medicare & Medicaid, Retirement, Elder Justice, etc
Important Note: The following resources may contain articles written to directly or indirectly promote certain products or services. Some may also contain affiliate links (ads, product reviews, service finders etc) to businesses, for which the listing site receives compensation for referrals. We therefore urge our readers to do independent research, use discernment, and take the typical precautions before entering any personal information or doing business with any unfamiliar organization.
- American Seniors Association - Conservative Alternative to AARP
- Aging and Eyesight - Eye Care Info from Vision Center
- Memory Care - Resources and Tools for Caregivers and Families of those Living with Dementia
- Medicare Plans - Answers to Common Questions about Medicare w/links to State-by-State Resources
- AMAC - Association of Mature American Citizens - Conservative Alternative to AARP
- Help Advisor - Advise on Social Security, Medicare, Housing and other subjects of interest for Seniors
- Grants for Seniors - Resources for Financial and General Assistance; Helpful Info on Medical Care and other Topics of Interest
- Eye Care Guide for Seniors
Notes for our Readers:
A listing should not be considered an endorsement of the organization or its products and/or services. We are not affiliated with, nor do we receive compensation of any kind (financial or otherwise), from any of these organizations or listings. Links are posted solely for containing useful information that may be of interest to our readers. We welcome comments and feedback (both positive and negative) from our readers on any of the organizations listed on this page. Any organization receiving legitimate complaints will be removed.
Also note that many sites may use independent contributors whose qualifications / credentials are self-proclaimed and have not been verified by the host site. Most “expert advice” should be taken as “general information only” rather than as a substitute for advice from known professionals.
[Top of Page]